CHILDREN’S BEREAVEMENT CENTER HONORED MINDY AND JIM CASSEL AT ANNUAL ROCKIN’ ON THE GREEN GALA
Co-founder, Mindy Cassel, PhD and her husband, Jim Cassel, Honorees
The Children’s Bereavement Center (CBC), with Spotlight Sponsor Azamara ClubCruises, DLA Piper, Nancy Hector, and Vitas Healthcare, hosted its annual Rockin’ on the Green event, Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Donna E. Shalala Student Center at the University of Miami. The casual chic evening included dinner, dancing, and shopping, all while supporting children and families grieving the loss of a loved one.
The CBC was thrilled to honor its co-founder Mindy Cassel, PhD and her husband, Jim Cassel for their vast achievements and many contributions that positively impacted the lives of thousands of South Florida families since 1999.
Other highlights of the evening include:
- Emmy-award winning journalist, Cynthia Demos took the stage alongside WPLG Local 10 news anchor and reporter, Victor Oquendo as the hosts of the 2017 Rockin’ on the Green event.
- Mystery Jewelry Box Raffle returned: Each box held a beautiful piece of jewelry but only one lucky winner received a Breitling watch donated by H&H Jewelers, valued at $7,500.
- Our Live Auction featured items such as a once-in-a-lifetime cruising experience aboard the finest luxury ships fromAzamara Club Cruises and Oceania Cruises.
- Gourmet delights by A Joy Wallace Catering, Bacardi cocktails, beer by Islamorada Beer Conmpay, Champagne by Moet Hennessy and fine wines donated by Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits.
- The Batchelor Foundation generously provided matching funds up to $20,000 for donations to sponsor a CBC child.
- Slice and share cake centerpieces from the finest local bakeries was the icing on the cake!
- Guests danced the night away all thanks to AA Musicians.
For more information on the Children’s Bereavement Center, please visit our website.
Photos by Starr Sariego Photography
Rockin' on the Green Photo Album